Lectrosonics, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Test Engineer that will have experience working with Engineering, Test, and Production to design and support new and existing automated test programs and define test setups for electronic assemblies in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will take test plan specifications and create LabVIEW programs and TestStand sequences, specify test setups and create supporting documentation for use by the Production Test department. These programs will control test equipment, test fixtures and the device under test, with data collected stored into a database for later analysis. Must have ability to work smoothly across departments with Engineering, Test, Repair, and Production personnel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL SET:
- LabVIEW and TestStand development environment along with program design principles and best practices.
- GPIB and USB control of test equipment such as RF spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, power supplies and signal generators.
- Report generation and database design including basics of the SQL query language and ability to analyze measurement data in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Electronic theory and signal measurement techniques in RF and audio domains, including basic knowledge of signal conditioning techniques.
- Basic signals theory and interconnection techniques including digital and RF cable types and best practices for their use.
- Programming of microprocessors and communicating with microprocessor-controlled devices over USB, Ethernet, and serial interfaces.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheet programs.
- Software version control systems such as git.
- Creating simple batch files or scripts in a language such as Python.
- Experience in the use of PCB schematic capture and layout software is a plus.
- The ability to design test fixture circuit boards, device control and signal conditioning circuits is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with three (3) years of directly related experience preferred; equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be considered at the Company’s discretion.
- Candidates must hold a Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certificate.
- Candidates holding a Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certificate are preferred.
This position requires a creative and organized individual. If you are passionate about Test engineering and have the knowledge and skill set we are looking for, please apply today!
Competitive Wage DOE, EOE