You will find a career in engineering at Lectrosonics to be an interesting challenge in the fascinating world of audio for motion picture and television production. Lectrosonics products are used in the majority of North American film, television, and news production. We have a presence on Broadway, the West End in London, and in international productions/networks across the globe. Three Lectrosonics engineers have received an Academy Award for Technical Achievement (wouldn’t you like to be the next?) and our products have been recognized by the Cinema Audio Society multiple times for our technical advancements.
Lectrosonics wireless microphone ecosystems encompass the latest technologies in digital transmission in a mission critical field where failure is simply not an option. To meet these high demands, Lectrosonics is a vertical manufacturer where we try to build as much in-house as possible including a world class machine shop, in-house surface mount production, advanced test and measurement, laser engraving, and assembly. Our engineers enjoy a creative environment with plenty of cross discipline exposure.
We have three rules at Lectrosonics. We make the best product we know how to build. We don’t do direct business with the government. And we have fun.
Come join us. Lectrosonics – made in the USA by a bunch of Fanatics………
Lectrosonics, Inc. is looking for a candidate to be a part of a dynamic and experienced team focused on designing and developing circuits for one of more major components of wireless microphone systems and work alongside some of the brightest minds in our industry. This person will be responsible for the design of complex circuits in RF, analog, mixed-signal, and digital domains. Candidate will develop test specifications and support release to manufacturing and will have the ability to collaborate with others particularly is sales, engineering, and manufacturing.
- This person will be responsible for design and development of complex circuits in RF, analog, mixed-signal, and digital domain
- Work closely with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software engineers to define requirements and conduct design reviews
- Identify key circuit components and simulate circuit performance
- Own the project design process, including placement, routing, fabrication, and assembly package, and support with testing the PCB’s
- Candidate is required to have an established background in electronics and preferred to have experience in RF circuit design
- Experience with total PCB schematic and layout design
- Experience with RF principles and theories (RF signal cascade, impedance matching, NF, stability, distortion, modulation types, etc.)
- Experience with digital or analog receiver and low powered transmitter design from 500 to 2500 Mhz
- Familiarity with analog, RF, mixed-signal, and digital circuit design
- Broad knowledge of RF circuitry design and systems to the discrete component level to include use of simulation and analysis software
- Experience with CAD layout of RF PCB’s and audio circuitry
- DSP/FPGA/digital circuit experience a plus
- Comfortable with using a range of lab instruments such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc
- Good technical writing skills for documenting design specifications
- Experience with RF laboratory equipment and RF test methods
- Understanding of RF board-level design (component selection/placement, shielding, microstrip, lumped element matching, distributed matching, etc.)
- Experience using one of the major schematic capture and PCB Layout Suites (Mentor Graphics, Pads, Broadstation, Expedition, Cadence, Allegro, Altium Designer.)
Education BS degree from an accredited school in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
Friendly, small-company atmosphere where accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. Casual dress.
- Health, dental and life insurance is company paid for the employee.
- Health and dental dependent coverage available.
- Voluntary Vision Plan.
- LTD premiums are 50% contributory.
- Voluntary Life insurance available at group rates.
- 401(k) Plan is employer matched at $0.50 on the dollar up to 6% of contribution.
- Accrued paid vacation.
- Tuition Reimbursement for job related or non-job related subjects.
- Free Gym Membership.
Competitive Salary DOE