Shift: Day Shift (Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4 pm)
Location: Rio Rancho, NM 87124
581 Laser Road
Job Type: Full Time
Education: High School
Lectrosonics, Inc. is seeking a Shipping Clerk. Under general supervision the shipping clerk performs a wide variety of shipping department tasks and utilizes communication skills to ensure that the shipping process flow is dealt with efficiently and effectively. Having the ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, work in a team environment, and communicate effectively is required.
The Lectrosonics, Inc. work environment is both challenging and exciting. Team members are expected to have a significant amount of personal initiative, be self-motivated and detail oriented, and willing to learn.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Packing cartons for shipment including required accessories
· Pre-packaging parts and accessories
· Assembling and taping cartons
· Metering domestic and foreign mail and packages
· Picking up and delivering mail
· Taking daily/monthly inventory
· Restocking of Inventory
· Communicates with drivers and assists with daily pickup and drop off
· Verifying paperwork is correct before the driver departs and obtains a signature on bill of lading (PO, ship to address, weight, pallet count, routing confirmation, etc.)
· Determining shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
· Assisting shipping department team in keeping area clean and orderly on a daily basis
Although the above is typical of the duties and responsibilities normally performed, additional duties and responsibilities requiring essentially the same skills, knowledge and dexterity may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
· High school graduate or equivalent
· At least 6 months of directly related experience required
· Ability to scan, verify, and accurately interpret documents used to complete shipping department tasks
· Collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
· Prioritize, organize, and complete tasks independently
· Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with shipping team and other departments as needed
· Ability to identify and resolve problems with accuracy
· Must have basic math skills and be detail oriented
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT & TOOLS NORMALLY USED
UPS/FedEx/US Mail online shipping software, postage meter, carton tape machine, small hand tools, telephone, forklift, hand truck. Safety equipment to be worn or utilized as indicated by company policy or applicable State and Federal regulations.
Almost all work is performed under normal factory conditions. Some exposure to elements while loading trucks or while driving forklift. Tasks require walking, carrying, and lifting. Ability to lift 50 lbs.